St. Michael School Science Fair
Congratulations to overall school winner, 4th grader Josie Sentney. The school's overall honorable mention is 7th grader Sadie Strunk. The following students from grades 3-8 have qualified for the Brown County Science Fair. Congratulations to all of our students who worked so hard on their projects!
3rd: Weston Wireman, Natalie Burns, La’Vaya Stevens
4th: Josie Sentney, Bryn Huffman, Kowin Offutt
5th: Ashleigh Boldman, Owen O’Connor, Olivia Kirk
6th: Griffin Ernst, Makynli Hauke, Abby Collins
7th: Sadie Strunk, Allie Depenbrock, Leah Seip
8th: Will Dragoo, Brock Gray, Theo Lovett
Thank you to all the amazing judges that volunteered their day to help our students. Our students learned a lot about doing real research, using the scientific process, and being able to analyze their research and present their findings. Finally, thank you to all parents and SMS staff members who helped the students with their projects.
The Brown County Science Fair is Saturday, February 25th
Important information regarding the upcoming 49th Annual Brown County Science Fair Scheduled for February 25, 2023.
This event will take place at the Brown County ESC, Hamer Rd, Georgetown, Ohio.
BROWN COUNTY ESC INFORMATION AND TIME SCHEDULE
1. All projects entered must be constructed by the student. A project may not be started before September 1, 2021. Any help must be approved by the teacher.
2. A blue ribbon will be awarded for a superior project. A red ribbon will be presented for an excellent project.
3. An Outstanding Project and Honorable Mention Trophy will be awarded for each of the grades.
4. Each student participating will be responsible for getting the project to and from the Science Fair at the Brown County ESC. Students will set up at times as follows:
5. NOTE Only the top 2-3 students from HOME District Per GRADE. We have limited SPACE and occupancy.
6. 10:45 3rd and 4th grade setup
11:45 5th and 6th grade setup
12:45 7th and 8th and High School setup
Judging will be as follows:
11:00 -12 all 3rd and 4th grade students
12:00-1:00 all 5th and 6th grade students
1:00-2:00 all 7th, 8th, and High School students
There will be no open viewing or presentation the day of the fair. Students will receive ribbons but Outstanding Projects will not be presented until the following week. At this time the District of the winners will be contacted and awards will be given to students at each individual school.
Students will be directed to leave as soon as they have been judged. They may return to parents/guardian as judging should only take between 5 and 10 minutes per student.