Incredibly, the last week of school is here! Huge thank you to everyone who made Field Day '23 awesome! I heard from several first year SMS students that this was "the best field day ever!" I couldn't ask for much better than that! Special thanks to Mr. Hyde for organizing everything, Megan Poole for getting our t-shirt order together, Meghan Huffman and Jamie Brown for running the amazing obstacle course, David and Susan Poole for providing lunch, as well as all the parent and grandparent volunteers, and our staff that made this day exciting and memorable for our students.
There is a lot going on in this final week. Heads up, there will be NO RIPLEY BUS, but the GEORGETOWN BUS WILL RUN AS SCHEDULED, Thanks Mr. Heslar!:
Monday (Last Day for Preschool):
- Last Spirit Day of the Year (Students may wear SMS spirit wear to school)
- 8th Grade Kayak Trip on Eagle Creek
- Preschool Graduation 4:30 pm in the Parish Hall
Tuesday (Last Day for 8th Grade):
- 8th Grade Walkout (SMS Tradition in which 8th grade students take one last walk through the halls of SMS, congratulated by the rest of the student body. This will happen at dismissal time and will be livestreamed on our FB Families Group)
- 8th Grade Graduation Mass & Passing the Light Ceremony (5:00)- (The Passing of the Light Ceremony involves 7th and 8th graders. All students should wear Sunday best. There will be a dinner afterward for the 8th grade students and their families. The meal will be provided by the grandparents of the 8th grade students. )
- All books (text, library, etc) should be turned in to teachers/Mrs. K
- Outstanding fees (tuition, lunch, milk, etc) due
Thursday(Last Day of School):
- Morning Prayer and Awards Day (In Church) 9:00-10:30 (Parents are welcome, but seating will be limited. This event will be livestreamed on our FB Families Group)
- Last Day Cookout (In School Parking Lot) 10:45-12:15. (If parents would like to take their children before dismissal time, please make sure to sign them out in the office)
- Early Dismissal (12:30)
Have a Great Summer!